UGGINGTASTIC

I have always looked at UGGS and have wanted a pair but the price tag has put me off for such a slouchy pair of boots. It really is all about the label with UGGS or so I thought. The original UGG AUSTRALIA boots that have been the craze have been around for several years now. But I have not liked the funny shape around the front of the boots. Two years ago I purchased the knitted UGG AUSTRALIA boots from ebay but I resold them after one wear because they just fell off the back of my heels and I had bought a size smaller so I couldn't understand this. So this put me off UGGS even more because of their very peculiar sizing. This is because they are converted from American sizes so come in UK half sizes. But it always confuses me because some people say it means you need to buy a size smaller than you are and others say a size larger. So if you ever think about getting any UGGs definitely try them in the shop beforehand.

Two weeks ago I started thinking about boots again for the winter and relooked into UGGS on the Schuh website. Schuh is a shoe shop which is also on the high street like the shoe shop Office. The website came up with some brand new types of UGG AUSTRALIA boots and I was really impressed by the look of them. One type was called UGG Knightbridge and the other pair was UGG Kenly. Both of these brand new UGGs are far more structured than original UGGS. They are taller UGGS which are much snugger so they have a zip to get them on and off. The UGG Knightbridge have a zip at the back of the boots which is a very original idea but I was put off the idea of getting those by a friend that said they may be uncomfortable if the zip gets caught on the seat when driving and things like that. So I looked into the UGG Kenly. These boots have the zip to the side. Something else which is lovely about these new UGGS is that the UGG sign on the back of the boot is in a gold plate and looks very different to the older versions of the UGGS which just gave it an added difference. They come in the classic UGG colours of chestnut, brown and black. All three colours I fell in love with but at the price tag of £189.99 I was only going to be buying one pair and that was if my bank account was looking like it could do with a good old spend... which was very unlikely!

Well I went into the Schuh store in Exeter shopping centre (Devon). I saw the boots and asked to try them on in the colour Chestnut. I am usually a size UK 4.5 so I thought I would try that size but they were extremely small on me. The girl who was serving me said that they are supposed to be snug because of the fur inside gives when you walk, however I asked to try the UK 5.5 and there didn't seem to be a lot between the two sizes. So I ended up treating myself to the UK 5.5 plus when I got to the till point I saw an UGG cleaning set which I ended up having an impulse buy on. It was £27.99 for this kit which contained a spray on protector, a sheepskin freshener and a sheepskin cleaner plus a special brush. I thought that if I was spending such a hefty amount on these boots that I had to look after them correctly so as they last for as long as possible. Plus it hopefully means they will not be too affected in the rain and snow. Plus due to being a student I luckily got 10% off my boots and the kit which saved me a small amount.

I have worn the Boots twice so far, I never thought I would be wearing them until at least October but the weather has been shocking in Devon so they are already coming in useful. They are extremely comfortable and in my opinion well worth the money. I have had a couple of people stop me whilst wearing them asking me if they are new to UGGS which I smile and say yes to... It has made me even happier that I bought them when people comment on them.

The only downside to the boots is that when I have them on and it is not an extremely cold day my feet and legs become extremely hot if they are worn inside... like I was sat in a café the other day and I felt myself burning up because my feet were so hot! But on a cold and miserable day they would be perfect!

If you don't have any boots for the winter I would recommend you widely consider UGGs.

Overall a lovely pair of boots for the winter!